European Clarinet Association - ECA
Stephan Vermeersch, Belgium, president
Matthias Müller, Switzerland, vice-president
Céleste Zewald, Belgium, secretary
Arkadiusz Adamski, Poland
Heike Fricke, Germany
Antonio Fraioli, Italy
Philippe Cuper, France
Pedro Rubio, Spain
Nuno Silva, Portugal
Sarah Watts, UK and Scandinavia
At ClarinetFest 2009 in Porto, a group of European clarinetists decided to found the European Clarinet Association - ECA. A board of involved clarinetists from different European regions was formed under the leadership of Matthias Müller from Zurich.
The aims of the European Clarinet Association - ECA are:
- To enhance contact and communication among clarinetists and national clarinet societies.
- To organise activities and events in collaboration with national clarinet societies.
- To encourage and support European countries to found and maintain national societies by sharing experience and knowledge.
- To support the International Clarinet Association (ICA) with the organization of ClarinetFests in Europe.
- To disseminate and share information through a website.
- To publish updates on the activities of the ECA in The Clarinet magazine.